Saturday, January 5, 2013

Strong Community Schools - New Blog

Thank goodness for the great Diane Ravitch.  I don't know how she knows more about what is happening in Tennessee than those of us who live here, but I'm so glad that she sometimes does.

Prof. Ravitch posted about a new blog specifically on Tennessee public school issues - in support of true public education and in opposition to privatization efforts.

The blog is called Standing Together for Strong Community Schools, and I encourage you to check it out. 

Looks like they just started in December, and I couldn't put my finger on why, but it feels a little Nashville-y to me.

I'm suspicious of groups that refer to themselves as "grassroots" given the amount of money pouring in from corporate America into other groups advertised as grassroots, but these guys might be the real deal.  Looks like I agree with them so far . . .

January 7, 2013:  my readers are such an engaged bunch - a commenter posted a link to this article about the parents behind Standing Together 4 Strong Community Schools.  Great article, important work!

2 comments:

  1. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130107/NEWS04/301070014/Nashville-parents-press-fight-vouchers-charter-authorizer

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.facebook.com/StrongCommunitySchools

    ReplyDelete